Walks range in length from just 15 minutes up to whole day adventures. Some are coastal, others are walks in our parks or bush and other unique walkways.
Our Interactive Google Maps enable you to accurately see your route and follow progress on your phone as you walk, Googles famed blue dot shows your current location and its GPS map where you are heading! Further, the map will show facilities and points of interest along the way. Find track entrances, parking, toilets, seats, picnic areas and more. The interactive maps are easy to use and make walking a breeze!
3000+ fellow walkers have enjoyed our walking eGuides, brochures and maps. Receive your FREE 39-page eGuide and brochures plus our monthly newsletter and seasonal walk ideas delivered to your email inbox. Just fill in your name and email address in the boxes HERE. Get your free walk eGuide and brochures when you sign-up.
To find walks in your area, use the search box (top right icon) or choose a category; scroll down and look to the right –>. Each self-guided circular urban walk two-page brochure provides the following information:
- a map and easy to follow detailed directions, that will keep you on track and deliver you right back to your starting point,
- how to get there (we suggest by car, bus and train),
- what to see (we take you on routes that are interesting and off-road as much as possible using Auckland’s existing paths, walkways and boardwalks through parks and nature reserves),
- nearby children’s playgrounds,
- a spot of history,
- approximately how long it will take (short walk routes are between 4 and 7 kms in length, some are flat, some are steep and some have steps),
- if it’s dog-friendly (designated dogs off-leash areas within the walk) and
- where to find the nearest café.
To give you a taste of what to expect, visit our blog which along with photographs, describes each completely different walk, the vast variety of sights, sounds and smells. Beaches, bush, volcanoes and urban. For all ages, weather and ability. Great views of the city, bird sanctuaries, wetlands, volcanoes, streams, farms, reserves, parks, coastal estuaries.
Some of the places you can go:
Whether you live here, are visiting from elsewhere in New Zealand or overseas, or are lucky enough to have arrived on a cruise ship, there are plenty of walks to choose from.
To view the full list of brochures that can be downloaded, click here.
What are you waiting for? Head over to our walk store and find a walk, put on your walking shoes and get going. Walking is great for our health, gets us fit and best of all, can be fun! Short family outings * New discoveries * Maps * Directions * Vistas * Playgrounds * Picnic Spots * Dog friendly
Enjoy your visit and be sure to let your friends and family know that it is easy to get walking in Auckland – discover Auckland’s backyard secrets.