We have put together self-guide brochures for over 100 little known short walks in and around Auckland so that you can easily find your way around our unique and diverse city.
Join 3000+ fellow walkers! Start walking with 10 FREE self-guide brochures. Get your FREE eGuide ‘What to do and see in Auckland‘. And get our seasonal walk ideas delivered to your email inbox. Just fill in your name and email address in the boxes HERE – and choose your walk.
To find walks in your area, use the search box (top right icon) or choose a category; scroll down and look to the right –>. Each self-guided circular urban walk two page brochure provides the following information:
- a map and easy to follow detailed directions, that will keep you on track and deliver you right back to your starting point,
- how to get there (we suggest by car, bus and train),
- what to see (we take you on routes that are interesting and off-road as much as possible using Auckland’s existing paths, walkways and boardwalks through parks and nature reserves),
- nearby children’s playgrounds,
- a spot of history,
- approximately how long it will take (short walk routes are between 4 and 7 kms in length, some are flat, some are steep and some have steps),
- if it’s dog-friendly (designated dogs off-leash areas within the walk) and
- where to find the nearest café.
To give you a taste of what to expect, visit our blog which along with photographs, describes each completely different walk, the vast variety of sights, sounds and smells. Beaches, bush, volcanoes and urban. For all ages, weather and ability. Great views of the city, bird sanctuaries, wetlands, volcanoes, streams, farms, reserves, parks, coastal estuaries.
Some of the places you can go:
Whether you live here, are visiting from elsewhere in New Zealand or overseas, or are lucky enough to have arrived on a cruise ship, there are plenty of walks to choose from.
To view the full list of brochures that can be downloaded, click here.
What are you waiting for? Head over to our walk store and find a walk, put on your walking shoes and get going. Walking is great for our health, gets us fit and best of all, can be fun! Short family outings * New discoveries * Maps * Directions * Vistas * Playgrounds * Picnic Spots * Dog friendly
Enjoy your visit and be sure to let your friends and family know that it is easy to get walking in Auckland – discover Auckland’s backyard secrets. PS I am happy to do guided walks for groups upon request. Unleashed Ventures Limited